Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bottle #1 Down!

Today Joshua finished his first whole bottle!! Not only that, but he finished in 29 minutes, which I'v been told is some new record =) I know this sounds like any normal thing for a baby to do, but in the NICU it is something exciting. There are really three things that get the nurses excited...

1. Poopy Diapers  - If its going in and not coming out, doctors and nurses are not happy
2. Finishing a bottle - Preemies dont have the ability to suck, swallow, and breathe all at once, so you can imagine how hard it would be to take a whole bottle.
3. A quiet afternoon without any beeps or noises from a machine

I talked to the Neonatlogist today and he said Joshua looks great. Everything is going well, and hopefully no more severe episodes. Joshua only had 1 bradycardia today and he recovered on his own without any stimulation from the nurses which is always good. Most likely he will have outgrown these in just a couple more weeks...so we are counting down the days!

I had a little photo shoot of Joshua today, I just couldn't help it with his little christmas outfit on. I posted these pictures and some others. The sweet little hat he has is courtesy of the hospital. All the babies got new christmas hats from the nurses last night, and of course it matches his christmas outfit perfectly.

I posted a video I took of Joshua today around 3pm. Usually he is wide awake at this time, but the bottle feed from this morning really wore him out. The nurses and doctors are always laughing when they come by to see Joshua for their rounds, because it always looks like he is dreaming. Joshua is notorious for making silly little faces and smirks in his sleep. I managed to catch one in the video. Im pretty sure he was dreaming about coming home with mommy and daddy. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Yayyy for bottle #1!! Cute video; I love when we can catch a smirk or smile in their sleep.

    ReplyDelete