Monday, November 14, 2011

Its My Party and Ill Cry If I Want To...

Happy Birthday Joshua!
 Joshua's first birthday party was so much fun! Mom and I got up really early to set up all the decorations at the park across the street. About an hour before the party started, we were back at the park tearing it all down before the wind tore it down for us. We quickly moved the party to our house, and everything turned out great! At 1 year old, Joshua is weighing in at 20 pounds 10 ounces and is 29 3/4 inches long.
Mom and I crafted eight of these centerpieces...thank you =)

Aunt Kimmy the artist

Playing with my tooth
 My mom, sister, and I spent the WHOLE day baking cupcakes and Joshua's cake for his party. The cake stand was made by daddy with love and a little help from the internet. As you can see, Joshua wanted a "sophie" themed party, so that is what he got. Mom dusted off her piping skills and worked on the details and letters..she made it look perfect! 
Cake stand with our amazing cupcakes

Sophie you look delicious!
Not sure about this

Trying to get him interested
 Joshua for the most part seemed to enjoy all the attention. I think he was definitely over stimulated when it was cake time, because he did not want anything to do with it. He usually has a sweet tooth for things, but he was in the mood for a nap. He seemed a little more interested when it came time to open presents.



Birthday Boy
Lets open some more presents!

Here are some fun pictures from the day!

I love my grandmas!

Berry Kids

Playing after the party

Grandma and Grandpa
Hey...where is that tooth you told me about?

Where's Waldo?

Great Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins

My friend Joely
My cousins!
Uncle Ben, Brylee, and Nana

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time...wish we could have been there! Awesome job on the food and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes and cake look delicious - great job ladies! Extra kudos to Dad's craftiness on the super sweet cake stand. Looks like a very fun party for Joshua!! :)

    ReplyDelete